Monday 5 September 2016

DC Vertigo Scarab #1



Scarab #1 

DC Vertigo


Looking at the cover I thought that this would be a good horror comic.  However after a few pages of background setting and what felt like too many flash backs or mind bends about a universe that was always there but unexplained, I gave up.  The story then became about a superhero, or what was once a superhero in the 40’s, but then again the explanation died off.  

In all honesty if I had known it was a ‘superhero’ title I would not have started it, as they do not interest me at all (apart from Deadpool).  Also I dislike the art house style that Vertigo tend towards their story telling.  I feel that it tries to be too clever and doesn’t pull it off.  However I am biased against superhero comics so if you like that genre, or like DC Vertigo then this could be well for you.  This is one of the reasons I have asked for people to send their reviews in as someone who likes this may feel more positive about it, as I couldn’t really forgive the horror overtures of the cover to find a man in a cape.


You can buy Scarab from my link.
Find DC Vertigo First Offences @ 365Games